Kamila M. Korbela
Founder, Art Conservator and Professional Associate of AIC
Kamila M. Korbela is an award-winning and accredited German Art Conservator for Paintings and Sculptures in Los Angeles with almost 15 years of experience in the field.
She successfully completed graduate studies in Art Conservation and held positions at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Balboa Art Conservation Center, the National Gallery of Denmark and the German government to name a few. Already as a student, she started publishing in peer-reviewed journals, conference proceedings, and books.
Kamila M. Korbela continues to serve Los Angeles‘ population on museum level, but she expanded her professional portfolio to provide museum-quality conservation services to individuals and other institutions through LA Art Labs.
Academy of Fine Arts, Stuttgart – Dipl. Rest in Painting and Sculpture Conservation (equivalent to the American M.A. in Art Conservation)
Employment History Highlights (Conservation Centers)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (Los Angeles, CA)
- Balboa Art Conservation Center (San Diego, CA)
- National Gallery of Denmark (Copenhagen, DK)
- German Government (Ludwigsburg, GER)
- Wallraf-Richard Museum and Foundation Corboud (Cologne, GER)
- Universal Museum Joanneum (Graz, AUT)
- Staatsgallerie (Stuttgart, GER)
- American Institute for Conservation (AIC) – Member of the Publishing Committee
- Western Association for Art Conservation (WAAC)
- German Association for Conservators (VDR)
- International Network for the Conservation of Contemporary Art (ICC)
- Voices of Contemporary Art (VoCA)
- FAIC Professional Individual Development Scholarship Award
- Ahmanson Foundation Award
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Award
- EU Erasmus Award
- German Government Fellowship